Thursday, March 22, 2007

"You Mean You Are Old?"

The other day the girls wanted to brush my hair which is one of my all time favorite things. They will literally brush it for hours if I let them. Anyways I was on the sofa nearly comatose from all of the brushing Mary and Miss Almanzo had done, when Mr. Laura walked up.

Mr. Laura: It looks like you have a few white hairs right here.

Ma: That's because I do.

Mr. Laura: You mean you are old?

Ma: Well I wouldn't exactly put it that way, but yes I am getting older with each passing minute.

Mr. Laura: I didn't know you were old. Are you going to die?

Ma: I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, but yes someday I will die.

Mr. Laura running off to tell the others: Hey guys, momma is old! Come look.

I think this is the first time I have been declared "old". I must admit it really bothered me. So much for the peaceful, blissful state created by all of the hair brushing.

No comments: