Monday, February 12, 2007

Barn Building

I did say this blog was going in part to be about building our barn and house. So I guess it is about time for an update. We have started with the barn. As you can see, we have gotten a few sections of wall up on the loft of the barn.

Today was a lovely day. It was about 65 and partly sunny. The kids and I met Pa at the land at about 1 today and got home around 5.

The kids and I walked an entire circle aound our field (it's about 25 acres) today. It is exactly 2,000 steps. We then measured my stride length and calculated that one loop around the outside of the field is a little under 1 mile. A round trip to the mail box will be about 1/2 mile.

The kids kept themselves busy the rest of the afternoon with building forts, running through the woods, and making up games.

Here's one more picture of Pa hard at work.

No comments: