Sunday, February 11, 2007

G*D

As I folded towels in another room, I couldn't help but overhear a conversation between Mr. Edwards and Mr. Laura. It went something like this:

Mr. Laura: Am I Jewish?

Mr. Edwards: You can be if you want to be.

Mr. Laura: Are there people who don't believe in G*d?

Mr. Edwards: Yes.

Mr. Laura: I hate those people.

Mr. Edwards: Then you hate me.

Mr. Laura: G*d made us. How can you not believe in him?

Mr. Edwards: There are lots of different ideas of what G*d might be. Which G*d are you talking about anyways?

Mr. Laura: The Panther G*d of course. What animal G*d do you believe in?

Mr. Edwards: I told you I don't believe in G*d.

Mr. Laura: But if you did, what would be your G*d?

Mr Edwards (completely exasperated): Science!

Mr. Laura: That's not an animal.

No comments: