Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Packing Paradox

We are going on our first camping trip this coming weekend as a family of seven. When the four of us use to go camping, the van was packed to the gills. So with reduced cargo room due to the fact that three more people will be in the car and the need for double the clothes, sleeping gear, and food, how does one make it all fit?

I'm thinking simply and creatively. I think I have gotten us down to the bare bones and that it will all fit. I'm concerned, however, about the inevitable expansion of our things that always seems to happen as you try to repack everything for the trip home. I'll let you know how it went when we get back.

1 comment:

naturalmom said...

Oy, good luck on that one! When we went camping last month I was reflecting on the fact that it was the last trip on which we'd be able to take out the back seat. And that's with only *one* extra person! Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get back -- have fun!

Stephanie