Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Egypt4 has tagged me for a meme:

Job’s I’ve held:
1) Restaurant hostess
2) Cocktail waitress
3) Mechanical Engineer
4) As an accountant (for the now defunct Arthur Andersen) doing Family Wealth Planning for wealthy folks - a really fun job. Lawyers are an absolute hoot to work with.

Places I’ve lived:
1) Atlanta
2) Buffalo, NY
3) New Orleans
4) small town in Texas

Food I love (must I really limit myself to four? This is going to be really hard):
1) All Ethnic Foods - never met one I didn't like yet
2) Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
3) A certain smoked Brook Trout I had eons ago at a bed and breakfast at Letchworth State Park in upstate New York. Pa and I ordered this as an appetizer 15 years ago and we still talk about it to this day. It is possibly the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.
4) Eating sushi with Mr. Edwards. He is simply hilarious to watch. He loves it so much that he can not stop moaning and sighing as he eats it.

Places I would rather be:
1) Someplace currently having an autumn
2) Someplace more open-minded and tolerant
3) Someplace actually addressing climate change
4) Someplace where I am not asked if I am babysitting or running a daycare. I really dread the comments once I start showing with #6

Movies I love:
1) Out of Africa
2) The Piano
3) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but really any movie by the screenwriter Charlie Kaufman
4) My Life without Me

TV shows I watch (OK this is going to be hard. I quit watching TV when Seinfeld went off the air, we don't have cable, and reception at our house is pretty much nonexistent. We do Netflix however so I've seen a few things):
1) Seinfeld reruns
2) The original BBC version of The Office
3) The kids and I always OD on the Home and Garden Channel when visiting my mom.
4) Frontline

8 comments:

Victoria said...

My son is an HGTV nut too! =) Oh, and I loooove Letchworth State Park!

ShaDan JeM said...

You mean you aren't running a day care? And geeze I thought you were. :-)
The only problem with that question, in the area in which we live...You are the wrong color. Think about it. It is usually black nannies/sitters with white kids, not the other way around.
-D

ShaDan JeM said...

Totally off the topic of the posting, but I can't find your email address (as always). When we were looking up ideas for the "car barn" and guest house 1 1/2 years ago, I found this website. I thought building one of these houses would be cool. And could be partly done yourself. You may have seen it already, but just thought about it tonight. -D

http://www.barnplans.com/barnhouse.html

naturalmom said...

Oh I wish you could come visit me -- we're having a nice autumn right now. A bit warmer than usual over all, but the leaves are just about at peak color this week.

I can imagine that being asked if you are babysitting gets very old very fast. I have a friend who has 6 kids and #7 on the way. She's tired of being asked, "Which are you, Mormon or Catholic?" She's neither. Seems some people can't believe someone would have more than 3 children absent a religious mandate!

I enjoyed this post -- it's nice to get to know more about you!

Stephanie

thirtysomething said...

Hi! First time to your blog - came from blooming desert pea. Nice to 'meet' ya, and wow! Aren't you quite busy with the kids?!
I have four and wish for no more - I am quite outnumbered! I live in NC, just above you, and we finally started having fall this week. Imagine that.
I will be back. Great blog!

Just Me said...

Hi thirtysomething and welcome! We are practically neighbors aren't we? I just popped over to your blog and see that you live near Asheville. What a beautiful place. I'd love to say I live there. We do try to get up there a couple times a year for hiking and camping.

Yes, I'm busy with five but I also see that you are quite busy yourself with four and doing it solo. That can't be easy.

I'll be visiting your blog often.

Just Me said...

Hi Stephanie,

I would love to come meet you and share your fall. It is my favorite season and it has been nonexistent. On the bright side, it does feel like it has started here in the last 2 or 3 days. yea!

I've heard the Mormon or Catholic comments and also Quiverful or God-Planned comments too. People also say that I must be an extremely patient or saintly person. Alas, there is no religious mandate here and no I do not have an extreme amount of patience and I am no saint.

We're blaming #6 on accidental neglect to reevaluate our method of BC now that we have 5 kids instead of 2.

Enjoy your fall.
Kimberly

Just Me said...

Hi Victoria,

What is it about boys and HGTV. My girls could care less, but the boys will sit and watch it for hours if I let them.

Yea! another Letchworth lover. I'm going to be really jealous if you tell me that you live near there and get to go all the time.:)