Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Bundle of Joy

All I can say is better late than never.....That goes for both me, the new mom, and our new baby bundle.


Our newest addition took his sweet time getting here. He was 10 days late. I'm almost 1 month late getting this post out. As I type, the 8 lb 3 oz. baby boy born on May 29th is almost 4 weeks old and weighs close to 12 lbs thanks in part to a combination of a more than ample milk supply and a nursling with an appetite that rivals Mr. Garvey's.


All is well here and everyone is enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of a new baby. Here are some pictures of Baby A.


P.S. So far I highly recommend becoming a mother unexpectedly in your 40's. I am so enjoying everything this time around. The wisdom and experience of having done this twice before coupled with knowing this is the last time I will give birth has me completely mesmerized and in awe of every aspect of being a mother to a newborn again. I am so thankful for the curve balls that life can throw you.






3 comments:

mommo4.5 said...

Congratulations! I've been checking in every few days for news. I can imagine how busy you have been. Thanks for sharing.

PS He's gorgeous!

naturalmom said...

Oh, he is SO sweet! You're right that it's really nice the third time around when your older children are, well, older. (I'm not in my 40's yet, but close enough. ;p) It gets a little less romantic when the babe starts to put legos in his mouth, pull sister's books of the shelf, and babble so loud at dinner that no one can hear themselves think, lol. But it's still sweet, sweet, sweet. I cherish every sweaty, chubby armed hug because I know this is the last go-round for me.

How was the birth? How are the other kids doing? I can't believe he's here already! This year has positively *flown*! Ethan is 9 months old now, can you believe it?

Stephanie

Just Me said...

Thanks very much mommo4.5. I had good intentions of putting up a small blogpost sooner, but life got in the way


Hi Stephanie,
I have been really worrying about the Lego situation here. With 5 Lego fanatics in the house, we are going to really have to get better about picking up all of those darn little pieces.

I can't believe Ethan is 9 months old - seems like you just had him. It kind of makes sense though. You had him about the time I discovered I was pregnant.

I do plan to get a birth story out soon. It was a very rewarding experience even though my "ideal" birth did not happen. I was considered high risk for multiple reasons, but had an awesome OB who was willing to work with me.

Kimberly