Thursday, August 16, 2007

Random Bits of Mangled English

Mary has been creatively combining and mangling the words to two songs (Barney's "I Love You, You Love Me" and "This Old Man".) She has been singing it so much lately that I now catch myself singing it her way. It goes like this:

I love you, you love me.
We're a heavy family
With a great big knock knock on my door.
Won't you say you love me too.

***********************************************************************************
On Monday and Tuesday of this week, we were at my mom's house to take her to her radiation appointments. On the first night I decided to take Miss Almanzo and Mr. Laura with us. As we got into the car, Mr. Laura asked, "Now why are we taking Nana to a radio station?"

***********************************************************************************
When Mr. Edwards was a wee babe, Pa started referring to Mr. Edward's farts in the tub as motorboats. The name stuck and was quite useful especially when out in public. No one really knew what Mr. Edwards meant when he announced, "Oh no, I've got to motorboat!" With three boys between the ages of 6 and 10, the obsession and humor to be found with bodies and bodily functions is almost endless. They have created their own catalog of fart euphemisms. Here is a sampling "How do you like the radio station I just chose?", "Who turned on their radio.", "I just dropped a bomb.", "Somebody fired it.", and "Somebody's got the juice." When does this darling stage end?
***********************************************************************************

3 comments:

naturalmom said...

Hee hee! Those are cute. As for when the body humor stage ends -- for boys I think it's like 20-something, isn't it? ;o) Chances are it will only get worse when the girls outgrow it at puberty and start getting all grossed-out by it. Then the boys will have a new and exciting reason to keep it up. lol!

Stephanie

Just Me said...

Hi Stephanie,

I hadn't thought about how much more exciting it will be for the boys once the girls find it disgusting! Guess I better buckle up and enjoy the ride.:)

ShaDan JeM said...

Personally, I don't think they EVER get over it. My DH is 33 and still finds bodily function extremely humorous. He agrees that boys never get over it! Just wait until they start adding sexual jokes to it!
-D